Friday, August 12, 2011

Inspired by Paris

I'm lucky enough to have Natalie visit me for a second time this year (woohoo!) in September and since she's been to Berlin multiple times now (along with having lived here with me for a few months in the beginning), we decided we needed to take a sister trip to somewhere else while she's visiting. And what better location than the city of cheese, wine, and macarons? That's right, we're heading to Paris!

Print available at Enjoy Art

We've been to Paris a few times together already and really can't get enough of the city. I had conjured up a rough itinerary (all right, a massive list of pastry shops, if you must know) for my last failed girly trip to Paris -- EasyJet canceled our flight and never refunded our money, jerks! -- so I'm more than ecstatic to be able to finally put it to use.

Here's some Parisian inspiration for you on this lovely Friday afternoon. Let's just hope our trip turns out as fabulous as these photos are.

Le Bon Marché. I've never been, but it's definitely a shopping must for this sister adventure.

 Photo by roboppy

Pastries, pastries, and more pastries.

Photo by Paul Ferney for Oh Happy Day

The five food groups of Paris. I wholeheartedly agree.

Photo by Nichole of Little Brown Pen

Bikes and picnics. On our two-month post-college European adventure (I'm gonna say we did that before it became totally cliché, cuz then we sound cooler), sister and I mastered the art of the French bread-cheese-and-wine picnic. This time around, I intend to embark on our picnics (weather permitting) via bikes and they must come with a basket and a baguette. 


The Eiffel tower and wine. Cuz you really don't need much else.

Source unknown via Pinterest

And finally, here's a favorite personal Parisian memory from that Euro trip I mentioned. Nat, our friend Cori, and I at the fabulous fondue place in Montmartre that serves wine in baby bottles! I'd discovered the restaurant during my first Paris jaunt in 2003 and have gone back every time since. We might have to battle the tourist crowds there and go again, for nostalgia's sake.



Image credits: 1) Vintage Paris print from Enjoy Art; 2) Le Bon Marché by roboppy via HiP Paris Blog; 3) Pastries by Paul Ferney for Oh Happy Day; 4) Food groups by Nichole of Little Brown Pen; 5) Picnic by Lindsey Tramuta of Lost in Cheeseland; 6) Eiffel tower source unknown* pinned by Olga; 7)Fondue evening by us.

*If you know the source, please share!

No comments:

Post a Comment