Friday, September 9, 2011

Inspired By...

After four days of relentless, sticky heat in Rome, I must say that I was surprisingly relieved to return to Berlin and find it as gray and rainy as ever. Our summer getaway was fabulous, but I'm officially ready for fall. The chill in the air, cozy sweaters and boots, warm drinks, and lots of colorful tights are just a few of the things I'm looking forward to. I think part of my California soul just died a little while typing that.

...flowy dresses, boyfriend blazers, and slightly masculine accessories.

Fall - chartreuse and neutrals
Created via Polyvore

...cocktail decorations perfectly suited for a snazzy, pre-Thanksgiving dinner cocktail hour. (Oh, yes, the minute the wind turned chilly, my Thanksgiving party 2011 plans got underway.)

Photo and recipe by Fashionably Bombed

...a fall party that I would love to see come to life. Have you seen the new fall issue of Styled. yet? If not, oh are you missing out. It is eye candy galore and procrastination central; and worth every single second. 

Photo by Alli for Styled.

...outdoors brought indoors. I always feel the need to add a little more nature-inspired decor to my home in the fall. This mantle is just right: classy without being campy. My gnomies would have to reside elsewhere.


...simply packaged office supplies with a touch of fall flair.

Available from Roots and Wings Design


Image credits: 1) Fashion board from my Polyvore (links to items here); 2) Bellini by Fashionably Bombed; 3) Fall party by Alli of Hooray blog for Styled.; 4) Interior styled by JHID, photo by Lincoln Barbour via Pure Green. 5) Clips and tags by Roots and Wings Design via Eat Read Love.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your sweet words about Styled, and I absolutely adore that dress!

    ReplyDelete