Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Handmade Finds: Baby Room Prints

With friends all around me announcing pregnancies and showing off baby bumps (I think of this hilarious quote every time!), I've been thinking a lot about good baby shower presents. After all, I'm determined to bribe my way (with both presents and love) into favorite-aunt status with some upcoming little ones, so I have to start sucking up to them and their soon-to-be mommas early.

I find handmade items from small shops make the perfect presents for such an occasion, which is why I love scouring Etsy for ideas. And if you live anywhere in Europe, don't forget to check out DaWanda too. It's like Etsy for Europe (only not quite as sleek) and is particularly useful when you no longer want to deal with those awful customs fees that tend to sneak up on you when a package from the US arrives at your doorstep. (In Germany, the customs fee is a whopping 19%, which particularly hurts when you have to pay it just to receive a Christmas gift your mom sends you.)

All that to say, I'm thinking of doing a regular post series here featuring handmade goodies I find on Etsy and DaWanda for those of us who can't get enough of discovering new shops.

To start us off, here are some lovely prints I've been oggling that would make cute additions to any baby room.  


Whimsical, sweet, and colorful. Just what you need to win over a wee one's heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment