Friday, December 30, 2011

Inspired By the New Year...and...

As 2011 is (way too quickly!) drawing to a close, I'm sure we're all thinking about the same things: what we did in 2011, and what we want to do better in 2012. I'm not a big fan of New Year's Resolutions, mostly because I find them hard to remember (what was it I said I'd do this year...? I always think come mid-spring) and even harder to follow through with. But I do like the idea of looking at the new year as a clean slate, with new goals to set and new adventures to take on. That being said, my last post of the year (eek!) is inspired by the new year--the party, the sparkles, and the plans for the future.

...deliciously creative cocktails with rims that I pretty much want to put on every glass I use in 2012. No, really. White chocolate and edible glitter goes well with water, right?

 Photos and recipe by Fashionably Bombed

...such. cute. greeting cards. that could, quite frankly, work for any occasion. Or no occasion at all. Just thinking of somebody? High-five! Just wanna say you're awesome? Fist bump! And the best part is, you can buy a set or DIY them. If you're on my "you're awesome" list, get ready for lots of paper high-fives in 2012.

Available by Alessandra Mondolfi

...quite possibly the most colorful plate of veggies I've ever seen. In this upcoming year, one of my goals is to cook more and learn to cook better. If I can create anything even remotely as beautiful as this, I'll be cooking everyday.

Photo and recipe by BĂ©atrice Peltre

...another whimsical paint chip project that would be such an awesome background for a party photobooth (or such an awesome statement on my hallway wall! What, too much?). In 2012, I'm definitely flexing my DIY muscles more. And adding a lot more color to the apartment.

Photo by Peter Combe

...a home bar setup that I'm dying to recreate. I was recently rearranging our own makeshift bar area (oh how I long for a vintage-inspired bar cart instead of a standard white shelving unit...) and while searching for inspiration came across this image. I'm smitten. And not only because the awesome map is of my hometown.

Photo by Bethany Nauert

...a clever (and simple!) way to dress up my baked goods. I love love love baking, and finding fun new ways to make my cookies prettier always brings a giant smile to my face. And makes me want to bake a lot more.

Photo by Kirsten Strecker

...lovely words from a lovely lady. Because sometimes we all need to take a step back and look at what's really important. Especially when it's written so prettily.


And now, I'm off. To get some sun (gotta love the Miami weather), start preparing for a giant Italian New Year's Day feast, and make mountains of 2012 To Do lists. I hope your 2011 was filled with wonder and love and I'm wishing you all the best in 2012. We'll see you then!

Image credits: Sparkle-tini by Fashionably Bombed | Hand Gesture greeting cards by Alessandra Mondolfi via ManMade DIY | Roasted Root Vegetables by La Tartine Gourmande pinned by Selina | Pink Interference paint strip art by Peter Combe via You Are My Fave | Home bar setup of Emily Schuman of Cupcakes and Cashmere via Apartment Therapy | Stamped cookies via Country Living pinned by Selina | Audrey Hepburn quote via Defining Classy pinned by Sydney

No comments:

Post a Comment