Friday, May 11, 2012

Happy Friday!

Happy Friday everyone!

So I haven't lived in Miami all that long, but apparently I'm getting my first taste of tropical storm season--and it's supposed to last until September! One minute it's sunny, the next a cold wind blows in and knocks over your balcony plants (don't worry, they're okay--updates on that next week), the next there's a full on rain (or in the case of Wednesday, hail!) storm, the next it's sunny! I'm sorry if you're sitting there thinking, Yeah, that's what weather is, but in LA the weather is pretty much the same all the time, so this stuff boggles my mind. Anyway, my point is I'm hoping for some sunshine this weekend. My awesome friend Kylie, from New York, will be in town for a couple of hours on a layover tomorrow (hooray, another out of town visitor!), so weather-bearing we'll get to enjoy some food and cocktails on the balcony. I'm also going to try my hand at making homemade pesto for the first time, seeing as our basil plants are thriving and ready to be picked. What are you up to this weekend?

On another note, how lovely is this sweet message? I wholeheartedly agree (especially when it comes to the weekend)!


Happy weekend, everyone!

P.S. Love this wall mural--if only I could draw so beautifully!

I am swooning over these pillows. Especially the West Coast Succulents one.

In case you're still in the market for a Mother's Day card...

I want to make my own pouf! If only I knew how to sew.

Image source unknown* from Bears for Artemis pinned by Brooke


*please share if you know the source!

No comments:

Post a Comment